The County of Ulster is divided into 23 Legislative Districts.
Each district elects one person to be a member of the County Legislature. Legislators serve two-year terms.
The role of the county legislature is to:
- Enact, amend, or rescind local laws and resolutions.
- Set our county government’s administrative policies.
- Approve the county budget and authorize spending of our county tax dollars.
General Legislative meetings are typically held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 7:00 PM in the Legislative Chambers on the 6th floor of the County Office Building, 244 Fair Street, Kingston, NY. The legislative calendar lists upcoming meetings.
These meetings are open to the public and also videotaped.
Rules of conduct for citizens who want to address the full County Legislature:
- It’s first come, first served.
- You get 5 minutes.
- You must stick to the subject.
- And you can’t attack the character of a legislator or you can be barred from attending future meetings.
How To Find Your County Legislative District
- Visit the Ulster Board of Election’s Polling Place Lookup
- Enter Your Information & click “Lookup”
- Your County Legislative District is listed under the heading “Related Jurisdictions”
- Look up your legislator by district at the Ulster County website
Ulster County Legislators, 2018 – 2019
|1||Town of Saugerties||MARY WAWRO|
|2||Town of Saugerties, Village of Saugerties||JOSEPH MALONEY|
|3||Town of Saugerties, Town of Ulster||DEAN FABIANO|
|4||Town of Ulster, Town of Kingston||JAMES F. MALONEY|
|5||City of Kingston||LYNN ECKERT|
|6||City of Kingston||DAVID B. DONALDSON|
|7||City of Kingston||BRIAN WOLTMAN|
|8||Town of Esopus||LAURA PETIT|
|9||Town of Lloyd, Town of Plattekill||HERBERT LITTS, III|
|10||Town of Lloyd, Town of Marlborough||MARY BETH MAIO|
|11||Town of Marlborough||RICHARD A. GERENTINE|
|12||Town of Plattekill||KEVIN A. ROBERTS|
|13||Town of Shawangunk||KENNETH J. RONK, JR.|
|14||Town of Shawangunk, Town of Wawarsing||CRAIG V. LOPEZ|
|15||Town of Wawarsing, Village of Ellenville||REV. JULIUS COLLINS|
|16||Town of Gardiner, Town of Shawangunk||TRACEY BARTELS|
|17||Town of Esopus, Town of New Paltz||JAMES DELAUNE|
|18||Town of Hurley, Town of Marbletown||HEIDI HAYNES|
|19||Town of Marbletown, Town of Rosendale||MANNA JO GREENE|
|20||Town of New Paltz, Village of New Paltz||HECTOR S. RODRIGUEZ|
|21||Town of Rochester, Town of Wawarsing||LYNN ARCHER|
|22||Towns of Denning, Hardenburgh, Olive and Shandaken||KATHY NOLAN|
|23||Town of Hurley, Town of Woodstock||JONATHAN R. HEPPNER|