Big thanks go out to the many volunteers who got involved in these vital campaigns, and to the candidates endorsed by Ulster People. You’re an inspiration to us all! Thank you for stepping up and running for office: Laura Hartmann, Lynn Eckert, Jennifer Schwartz Berky, Glenn Geher, Andrew Zink, Julius Collins, Tracey Bartels, James Delaune, Doug Adams, Manna Jo Greene, Hector Rodriguez, Kathy Nolan, and Jonathan Heppner.
While it will still be some time before the results of the write-in campaigns are known, we are pleased to announce that all 4 candidates Ulster People endorsed in the Democratic primaries for Ulster County Legislature won last night – and all with over 69% of the vote!
Congrats to the candidates & thank you to all the volunteers who wrote letters, made phone calls, and knocked on doors! Together we can achieve a just, prosperous, and sustainable Ulster County – onwards to the general election!
PS. We need your help to win in the generals! Please join us and get involved!
Our County Legislature makes decisions that affect our daily lives—from infrastructure, policing, and public health, to our environment, economy, and rights. Ulster People is proud to endorse 13 candidates for Ulster County Legislature (UCL) who, if elected, will shift the balance of power and make real change possible:
- A thriving and inclusive local economy that supports ALL our residents.
- Protection of the rights and well-being of the most vulnerable among us.
- A healthy, sustainable environment for now and generations to come.
In competitive primary races, Ulster People is endorsing four candidates for UCL:
- Lynn Eckert – District 5 (City of Kingston)
- Julius Collins – District 15 (Town of Wawarsing, Village of Ellenville)
- Doug Adams – District 18 (Town of Hurley, Town of Marbletown)
- Kathy Nolan – District 22 (Towns of Denning, Hardenburgh, Olive, Shandaken)
And in the general election for UCL, Ulster People endorses:
- Laura Hartmann – District 4 (Town of Ulster, Town of Kingston)
- Jennifer Schwartz Berky* – District 7 (City of Kingston)
- Glenn Geher – District 12 (Town of Plattekill)
- Andrew Zink – District 14 (Town of Shawangunk, Town of Wawarsing)
- Tracey Bartels* District 16 (Town of Gardiner, Town of Shawangunk)
- James Delaune* – District 17 (Town of Esopus, Town of New Paltz)
- Manna Jo Greene*† –District 19 (Town of Marbletown, Town of Rosendale)
- Hector Rodriguez*† – District 20 (Town of New Paltz, Village of New Paltz)
- Jonathan Heppner*† – District 23 (Town of Hurley, Town of Woodstock)
Anyone who wished to seek the group’s endorsement, regardless of party, was asked to complete a questionnaire which was reviewed by the Ulster People screening committee. If the responses showed a strong alignment between the candidate’s views and actions and Ulster People’s platform, candidates were invited to interview with the screening committee, after which, the committee voted to recommend endorsement (or not). Candidates recommended for endorsement were invited to attend a meeting of Ulster People members. The voting members of Ulster People made the final endorsement decisions.
So now that we’ve endorsed them, let’s help get them elected!
Phonebank Bernie Supporters to let them know about our Ulster County Legislature candidates!
REGISTRATION REQUIRED! All you’ll need to bring is a cell phone and a pen and there will be snacks.
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!