On January 28, 2019 the voting members of Ulster People for Justice & Democracy convened for our Annual Meeting of the Members.
The meeting began with presentations from candidates seeking county-wide office. We heard from Dave Clegg, candidate for District Attorney; a representative from Bryan Round’s campaign for County Judge; and Marc Rider, Pat Ryan, and Pat Strong, all candidates for County Executive.During the business portion of the meeting, voting member dues were set at $27 for the year, and a new steering committee was elected:
- Rebecca Rojer
- Vice Chair
- Penny Coleman
- Ann Brown
- Lanny Walter
- Members at Large
- Ed Kowalewski
- Larissa Shaughnessy
- Rick Vanden Heuvel
Additionally, the following working groups were determined to be active:
- Ulster County Legislature Observers Working Group, chaired by Elisa Tucci and Tamara Telberg
- Ulster County Electoral Field Guide Working Group, chaired by Penny Coleman
- 2019 Endorsements Working Group, chaired by Thomas Brown
- DA/Prosecutorial Reform Teach-In Working Group, chaired by Rebecca Rojer
- County Legislature Teach-In Working Group, chaired by Elisa Tucci, Tamara Telberg, and Penny Coleman
- Delegation to the Campaign for the NY Health Act, chaired by Charlotte Adamis
- Delegation to the Fair Elections Campaign, chaired by Lanny Walter
Anyone interested in getting involved in a working group is encouraged to email firstname.lastname@example.org to be put in contact with the working group chair(s). Our Calendar and Take Action pages are another good way to learn how to plug in to our work.
Our next general meeting will be held on Monday, March 11 from 6-8pm (location TBA).